Forum ID Password: Forget Password? |  Register
FAQ| Privacy Policy| Search| MemberList

Recent Topic
 RIP 121
 HERCUL is back so lets talk racing and...
HERCUL is back so lets talk racing and sport again.
 NBA 2013/14 tips & talk
 NBA Championship betting strategy
 (Solely my views & no doubt not those ...
(Solely my views & no doubt not those of many others?)
 Golden Easter Egg Semi Finals /Associa...
Golden Easter Egg Semi Finals /Association Cup heats
 weather geeks
 Eastern Conference v Western Conference
 Day 1 , 2 & 3 action inglis_sydney Eas...
Day 1 , 2 & 3 action inglis_sydney Easter Yearling sales
 2014 Easter Yearling Sale Newmarket ...
2014 Easter Yearling Sale Newmarket 8, 9, 10 April
 (Results) £1,000,000 Aintree Grand Nat...
(Results) £1,000,000 Aintree Grand National (Day)
 £1,000,000 Aintree Grand National
  Nathan Berry Tribute
 AFL Round1 2014
 Results/Replays DWC - Meydan Saturday ...
Results/Replays DWC - Meydan Saturday March 29
Popular Topic (By View)
Popular Topic (By Reply)
Home | Active Topics |

Turning Free Bets into Actual Cash Options
freebetindex
#1 Posted : Friday, November 10, 2006 4:19:51 PM
Eddie "The Eagle" Edwards

Hello there. I'm new to the forum but like what I see so far and so I thought Id post an article I had previously wrote for my own website. It's pretty simple stuff but I know that many people fairly new to internet betting have found it particularly helpful.

Most of you will be aware that the free bet amounts on offer from the online bookmakers represent a relatively cheap way to get new customers on board, especially considering how much money the standard punter is likely to pump back in. In reality, these free bet offers rarely cost the bookmakers anything as customers are usually more than willing to play into the bookie hands and slap the cash on a speculative bet and then care little when it loses as "it was only a free bet." In order to make money from these free bets the most important thing to do is to get out of that typical mindset and instead treat the free bets as your actual money. Would you have even considered placing £25 of your own hard earned cash on Rio Ferdinand to score the first goal?

Every free bet offer will require you to place a qualifying bet prior to you receiving your free bet bonus. In many cases, your free bet will be equal to your stake in your qualifying bet so it is important that your initial stake is as high as the free bet maximum will allow. So the first thing we need to do is to get the qualifying bet out of the way without losing any money. In the past, I had tended to opt here for short priced favourite such as Chelsea or Celtic at home in the league and make a few pounds on top of my free bet but I learnt the hard way that you can still easily come unstuck. The advent of in-running betting and betting exchanges has made this process virtually risk-free. By betting on a football team, for example, who are 3-0 up with 10 minutes to play there is in all honesty no way you can lose. Admittedly you will make virtually no profit on the bet but that is not the outcome at that stage, we are merely trying to gain access to the free bet without squandering any of our own cash.

Unfortunately some of the online bookmakers who offer these free bets have a tendency to suspend their in-running win market when the result goes beyond doubt I.e. the stage where we would normally come in. So I developed another risk free method of getting to the free bet without sacrificing your own cash. Firstly pick two bookmakers offering an identical value of free bet, and then pick a sport with only two outcomes. You then want to look for a differentiation in the odds between the two bookies which hopefully allow you to back 'A' at evens and then 'B' at evens. I find that tennis is the best sport for this process. A tennis match has only two outcomes and there is usually a big difference in the odds from bookie to bookie especially at low profile tournaments. The beauty of this system is that it kills two birds with one stone, you will have access to two free bets and you will still have all your initial stake money regardless of who won the match. Once you have used up a number of the free bets you may choose to use one of the betting exchanges (where the odds are generally higher) to match up your bet, so to speak. You may have to settle for backing one player at evens and the other at 10/11 and just accept a minimal loss. But with the free bet on its way, that minimal loss will soon be written off and some.

I shall include an example as I appreciate that some may have difficulty understanding my poorly worded instructions.

Stanjames and Skybet are both offering to match your first bet up to the value of £25. You deposit £25 into each account.

Ralph is playing Bert in a tennis match. Stanjames price the match - Ralph Evens, Bert 8/11; Skybet price the match - Ralph 8/11, Bert Evens. You place £25 with Stanjames on Ralph to win and £25 with Skybet on Bert to win. Bert wins.

You now have £25 (free bet bonus) in Stanjames, and £75 (£25 free bet bonus, £25 initial stake, £25 profit) in Skybet. You have £100 in total (up £50) but there is still work to be done before you can take all £100 home.

After your qualifying bet has been settled and the free bet awarded to your account, I would recommend that you withdraw your initial stake and any profits on that bet from the account leaving only the free bet balance. Whatever happens from here on in, you cannot lose any money.

Free bets come in three different formats and it is important to read the terms and conditions of any free bet before opening an account. 'Cash back' is the daddy of all free bets. Once you have placed your qualifying bet the cash will be credited to your account and will be yours to withdraw no questions asked. The traditional and still the most common free bet comes in a form which requires you to bet the free bet value once and then it is yours to withdraw. Unfortunately a small number of bookmakers operate the third free bet format. Under this system a bet placed with the free bet returns only the profit on that bet and the stake disappears. This encourages a speculative bet but I will come back to this later to show how even this kind of free bet can be utilized to guarantee cash.

The traditional free bet which requires to be bet once and then is yours to withdraw can be converted into cash without risk by using the methods I described above in order to get through the qualifying bet stage. So as before lump your free bet stake on a football team 4 up with 10 minutes to go and you are laughing. Profits on the actual bet will be negligible but the value of the free bet represents your real profit.

The third type of free bet which I described can be a real pain but I have found two ways to put it to a profitable use. Firstly, if you lumping big on a fairly short priced bet (remember some bookies match your first stake up to £100) as a qualifying bet you could use one of these no-stake-back free bets to back the long outsider to act as cover. The likelihood is the favourite will win but in the event it doesn't your back is covered and you have wiped out the risk.

Alternatively, and if you're game for a laugh, you may choose to save up these no-stake-back free bets until you have enough for say a greyhound race. Pick a race without a short priced favourite, lump on all six dogs and hope an outsider comes in. Even if the favourite does come in you will still be making a profit, and if the 10/1 shot comes in then you will be rolling in money.

I have noticed in recent months that some bookmakers have begun asking you to place a number of bets before gaining an additional bonus. This may seem like too much bother but if it is a sizeable bonus then it is surely worth putting in the time and placing some risk-free bets using the above advice.

Currently on my site we have literally hundreds of pounds worth of free bets. By working your way through the bets using the advice above, that could be an extra few hundred pounds in your bank account by the end of the week depending on how much time you have.

http://www.freebetindex.co.uk
freebetindex
#2 Posted : Friday, November 10, 2006 4:22:01 PM

forgot to add this wknd throws up a banker if ever there was one with scotland playing romania at rugby. some bookies have scotland priced up at 1/150 and this is pretty fair. This is the perfect kind of bet which can be used as a qualifying bet to unlock free bet promotions. you will not find a safer bet all bet.

eg join betfair (with the promo code from my site) bet 25 pound on scotland. You will then be given another 25 pound free without incurring any real risk. do this with a few of the other promotions around and you'll be well on your way to netting a few hundred pounds

DollaBill
#3 Posted : Friday, November 10, 2006 6:55:34 PM
Ingemar Stenmark

freebet - welcome to the site.
I will make sure to read your entire megillah before the weekend is through.
Of what I have skimmed your theories and analysis only focus on european football.
what do you have for us Yanks who follow American footbal.
anywho - make sure to become an active participant here - there is a nice exchange of idea going on. alot of fun peeps and hard core sportsaddicts (excuse the pun).

wait a second - are you selling us something????
i don't like salesmen.....

db

freebetindex
#4 Posted : Friday, November 10, 2006 8:10:10 PM

the ideas in my post work for any sport. I'm sure you'll pick that up when you have the time to read the post through.

i hate salesmen too. my website is just a resource to put my ideas into practice. hope you can benefit from it
freebetindex
#5 Posted : Saturday, November 25, 2006 12:53:08 AM

hi guys

just thought id let u know of a couple of great offers which will come to an end this weekend. both ladbrokes and totesport are offering a free 50 pound bet for those placing an initial bet of 50 pounds. great offers that will cease on sunday night. you can find the promotional links on my site.

why not use this weeks rugby internationals as a very low risk way of getting your free bets. ireland to beat pacific islands, new zealand to beat wales, and italy to beat canada are all as close to a dead cert as your likely to get.

cheers

Bunji
#6 Posted : Friday, December 01, 2006 4:04:03 AM
Lance Armstrong

will be giveing my free bets a run this weekend Thumbs up
sportsaddict
#7 Posted : Friday, December 01, 2006 4:07:11 AM
Eusebio

I don't feel like reading it. Looks like spam to me. Any sales pitch followed by a link should go straight to the bog.

Free sports betting site. No risk - win real money!
http://www.centsportslive.com/?opcode=6130
jaisharma
#8 Posted : Thursday, December 11, 2008 9:04:31 PM

Bettingchoice offers you the latest review about totesport bookmaker.

Jai sharma
totesport betting -http://www.bettingchoice.co.uk/totesport.php
Lay Low21
#9 Posted : Thursday, December 11, 2008 9:33:36 PM
Carl Lewis

is this spam .. not sure whether to bog it or not as i monopolised the free bet situation for long long months ..

i think all that write up is a sales pitch.

its quite simple bet £100 get a free £100 bet.

back a horse at 2/1 for your 100 and place your free 100 on it aswell. .. be sure to take the price

your selection will have to be trading at the same price on an exchange or a click or 2 eitherway.

so as the operator reads your phone bookie bet back to you your placing a £170 lay bet. liability 340ish.

result horse wins returns £500 - £340 on exchange £160 = +£60

result horse does not win return £510 - £100 with bookie and liability
= £440 minus comm on £170 = +£62

nothing complicated about it ..

sometimes you get paid by both the exchange and the bookie depends on whether the bookie pays first past the post or not in case of a successful objection.. and a dead heat works out a bit better as you only pay half the comm.

Well behaved women do not make history