Forum ID Password: Forget Password? |  Register
FAQ| Privacy Policy| Search| MemberList

Recent Topic
 RIP 121
 HERCUL is back so lets talk racing and...
HERCUL is back so lets talk racing and sport again.
 NBA 2013/14 tips & talk
 NBA Championship betting strategy
 (Solely my views & no doubt not those ...
(Solely my views & no doubt not those of many others?)
 Golden Easter Egg Semi Finals /Associa...
Golden Easter Egg Semi Finals /Association Cup heats
 weather geeks
 Eastern Conference v Western Conference
 Day 1 , 2 & 3 action inglis_sydney Eas...
Day 1 , 2 & 3 action inglis_sydney Easter Yearling sales
 2014 Easter Yearling Sale Newmarket ...
2014 Easter Yearling Sale Newmarket 8, 9, 10 April
 (Results) £1,000,000 Aintree Grand Nat...
(Results) £1,000,000 Aintree Grand National (Day)
 £1,000,000 Aintree Grand National
  Nathan Berry Tribute
 AFL Round1 2014
 Results/Replays DWC - Meydan Saturday ...
Results/Replays DWC - Meydan Saturday March 29
Popular Topic (By View)
 HERCUL is back so lets talk raci...
 NBA 2013/14 tips & talk 7444
 RIP 121 151
Popular Topic (By Reply)
 HERCUL is back so lets talk raci...
 NBA 2013/14 tips & talk 27
 RIP 121 1
Home | Active Topics |

What is your best ever hot streak? Options
Thumbboy
#1 Posted : Monday, May 24, 2010 4:41:22 PM
Barack Obama

I know there are some streaky winners in here that can go on nice runs, and was just wondering what are some of your best stories? Dunno

I think mine, although probably not as impressive as most of you guys/gals would be, but about a year or so back I thought I'd already collected out remaining cash from one of my betting accounts but there was still $5 left in there, and after putting together a few consecutive NBA multi's I built the $5 up to over $450 in the space of a couple days Very Happy
collected it out and took the wife to a nice restaurant in the city with this unexpected bonus money heheh Mr. Green

Anyway, what are some of your best wins - it's always fun to hear about stuff like that cheers
Cold Dog
#2 Posted : Monday, May 24, 2010 8:26:54 PM
Barack Obama

I once had a crazy streak betting on NBA totals. Betting $1,000 a pop, I picked 8 straight one season and 9 of 11. Of course I gave most of it back the following season but at the time I felt invincible!

I also had my fair share of winning multi-bets, the biggest of which was an 8 legger involving mostly MLB totals and a few AFL money lines. It paid out about $4,700 and I immediately did the degenerate thing and purchased the best HD Sony TV on the market. Embarassed

Rattman is the master of multibets, he hooked me up with a few over the years.

A couple of memorable multis that I didn't win...

One included 8 NBA bets (a mix of spreads and MLs) to win something ridiculous like $14k. All of the bets won except for the very last one, where I needed the Clippers to beat the Lakers at home. The Clippers lead by 2 with about 2 minutes remaining and I must have smoked 80 cigarettes that day. I lost and it took a good week for my fingernails and fingertips to grow back. The annoying thing was the following day, the Clippers spanked the Lakers on their home turf by 20 or something.

There was also a massive 15? leg tennis multi-bet which I didn't win but was memorable nonetheless. I didn't actually stay up for it, when I woke up I saw that it lost by one match! The payout would have been astronomical, it was just one of those silly bets I placed with a few bucks left in my account. Some American bird lost it for me, I can't remember her name but I hate her. Very Happy Banghead
Thumbboy
#3 Posted : Tuesday, May 25, 2010 2:34:34 AM
Barack Obama

"Cold Dog"
I once had a crazy streak betting on NBA totals. Betting $1,000 a pop, I picked 8 straight one season and 9 of 11. Of course I gave most of it back the following season but at the time I felt invincible!

I also had my fair share of winning multi-bets, the biggest of which was an 8 legger involving mostly MLB totals and a few AFL money lines. It paid out about $4,700 and I immediately did the degenerate thing and purchased the best HD Sony TV on the market. Embarassed

I remember that dude! you were on fire with the totals Bow Down
that was like printing money for you.. insane!
next time you start to get on one of those unstoppable runs give me a nudge - I wouldn't mind getting a bigger tv as well Mr. Green

The long multis that miss out by one game right at the very end are heartbreakers.. I've got a mate that's always telling me about his 8 leg multis that missed out by 1 goal in soccer, or by an upset in tennis or the NBA
jujuno
#4 Posted : Tuesday, May 25, 2010 5:49:42 AM
Zinedine Zidane

Late December, last year, I put 50 dollars into my internet account...I wanted to see if I could back one winner at least, per day and keep the money going...I kept a written account as well...
I hit a high of twelve winners one Saturday and on several occasions like Mondays, put on one bet for one win and called it off for the day...in early May I had to stop due to severe asthma...by then I had succeeded in doing what I planned...but although I took out several hundred dollars along the way, I didn't make as huge a profit as I thought I would...the re-investment and losing bets dragged that down...still it was fun while it lasted...131 days straight...

Thumbs up

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Hot Pies and Mustard
Thumbboy
#5 Posted : Tuesday, May 25, 2010 6:37:31 AM
Barack Obama

131 days straight! Shocked Bow Down
thats a lot of bang for your buck, more than 4 months of entertainment for your 50 bucks! try doing that on the pokies heheh Wink
what sports do u normally bet on jujuno?
jujuno
#6 Posted : Tuesday, May 25, 2010 9:25:52 AM
Zinedine Zidane

All bets, bar three, were on racehorses...I backed Roger Federer to win Australian Open in three sets at $4.50 on 31/01 as races were poor...and I had Blacks a Fake at $4.00 on 07/03 and Maywyn Jasper @ 17.00 on same day...
altogether I had 293 winners on that site...biggest were Exceptionally @ 57-1 and Small Minds @ 52-1...bets ranged from $1 e/w on anything above 30-1 to $10 win on short priced horses...

My best collect in that time was not part of the internet experiment...winning $1,900 on Goodwood first four for 60.00 outlay...that went on tab account...

It has been fun and profitable...but not good enough to live on permanently...spendthrift daughters...

cheers Banana...gave up betting on footie years ago...bar the odd one lately while Pies were winning...

Hot Pies and Mustard
smiddy197
#7 Posted : Tuesday, May 25, 2010 9:29:03 AM
Arnold Palmer

i havent had a looser since 1907

dont hate the player
hate the game
jujuno
#8 Posted : Tuesday, May 25, 2010 9:36:28 AM
Zinedine Zidane

no...you haven't had a LOSER since 1907...knew you were ancient....

...don't believe me...it's all on computor and Sportsbet records...they don't lie....nor do I old man.... Mr. Green

Hot Pies and Mustard
Thumbboy
#9 Posted : Tuesday, May 25, 2010 10:38:06 AM
Barack Obama

"jujuno"
All bets, bar three, were on racehorses...I backed Roger Federer to win Australian Open in three sets at $4.50 on 31/01 as races were poor...and I had Blacks a Fake at $4.00 on 07/03 and Maywyn Jasper @ 17.00 on same day...
altogether I had 293 winners on that site...biggest were Exceptionally @ 57-1 and Small Minds @ 52-1...bets ranged from $1 e/w on anything above 30-1 to $10 win on short priced horses...

My best collect in that time was not part of the internet experiment...winning $1,900 on Goodwood first four for 60.00 outlay...that went on tab account...

It has been fun and profitable...but not good enough to live on permanently...spendthrift daughters...

cheers Banana...gave up betting on footie years ago...bar the odd one lately while Pies were winning...

those are some nice wins jujuno! Easy Bow Down
$60 -> $1900 is pretty insane as well Very Happy

one of my mates has a multi bet going that pays over 4G if Inter Milan win the Champions League final and Lakers win the NBA title, which looks very good right now
jujuno
#10 Posted : Tuesday, May 25, 2010 12:02:31 PM
Zinedine Zidane

The challenge was inspired by a book called 40 days on the punt by Helen Thomas...she was given money by publishers to bet with over Melbourne Spring Carnival a few years ago...and made some of the stupidest bets...ran at a loss...

I just wanted to prove it could be done....

cheers ..Helen Thomas also wrote "A Horse Called Mighty."

Hot Pies and Mustard
Thumbboy
#11 Posted : Wednesday, May 26, 2010 8:43:46 AM
Barack Obama

you should write ur own book called 131 days on the punt Easy
jujuno
#12 Posted : Wednesday, May 26, 2010 1:07:34 PM
Zinedine Zidane

or...131 punts in a daze...

Chuckle Chuckle Chuckle