Forum ID Password: Forget Password? |  Register
FAQ| Privacy Policy| Search| MemberList

Recent Topic
 HERCULS LAYS OF THE DAY SO LETS GET RI...
HERCULS LAYS OF THE DAY SO LETS GET RICH TOGHETHER
 RIP 121
 HERCUL is back so lets talk racing and...
HERCUL is back so lets talk racing and sport again.
 NBA 2013/14 tips & talk
 NBA Championship betting strategy
 (Solely my views & no doubt not those ...
(Solely my views & no doubt not those of many others?)
 Golden Easter Egg Semi Finals /Associa...
Golden Easter Egg Semi Finals /Association Cup heats
 weather geeks
 Eastern Conference v Western Conference
 Day 1 , 2 & 3 action inglis_sydney Eas...
Day 1 , 2 & 3 action inglis_sydney Easter Yearling sales
 2014 Easter Yearling Sale Newmarket ...
2014 Easter Yearling Sale Newmarket 8, 9, 10 April
 (Results) £1,000,000 Aintree Grand Nat...
(Results) £1,000,000 Aintree Grand National (Day)
 £1,000,000 Aintree Grand National
  Nathan Berry Tribute
 AFL Round1 2014
Popular Topic (By View)
 HERCULS LAYS OF THE DAY SO LETS ...
Popular Topic (By Reply)
 HERCULS LAYS OF THE DAY SO LETS ...
Home | Active Topics |

4 Pages «<234
What's the biggest bet you have made? Options
Slouch
#76 Posted : Wednesday, December 31, 2008 3:06:43 AM
Barack Obama

thats crazy chooksy Shocked
Joonzs
#77 Posted : Saturday, October 24, 2009 3:10:33 PM
Hulk Hogan

For me... biggest won was approximately 1200 gbp : )
biggest lost.... 700 gbp on over/under just to win 20 pounds
Unfortunately the team scored TWO goals in last extra minute ; (
markboucher
#78 Posted : Sunday, November 22, 2009 9:34:53 AM
Eddie "The Eagle" Edwards

I have not bet ever in my life. It was really interesting to see people have been betted for so much money.
jujuno
#79 Posted : Monday, January 11, 2010 6:55:22 AM
Zinedine Zidane

Late addition...in the early 70's I had ten dollars on an odds-on very good horse, All Profit. Never sweated so much in my life until it romped home. Learned my lesson...have had lots of heavier bets since, including a hundred dollar loss on Tuesday"s Joy, but had a pacemaker installed first. Now cool as a cucumber. Wink

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Hot Pies and Mustard
jujuno
#80 Posted : Friday, January 15, 2010 1:15:38 PM
Zinedine Zidane

I would love to place my biggest bet now. I BET MY HOUSE THAT SMIDDY WILL GET SUSPENDED FOR SIX WEEKS AGAIN IF HE KEEPS ON RANTING RUBBISH IN THE AFL FORUM. Boxing

Hot Pies and Mustard
Warpants
#81 Posted : Tuesday, February 02, 2010 6:19:11 AM
Brian Lara

"jujuno"
I would love to place my biggest bet now. I BET MY HOUSE THAT SMIDDY WILL GET SUSPENDED FOR SIX WEEKS AGAIN IF HE KEEPS ON RANTING RUBBISH IN THE AFL FORUM. Boxing

You're on.
smiddy197
#82 Posted : Tuesday, February 02, 2010 7:44:14 AM
Arnold Palmer

"Warpants"
"jujuno"

You're on.

what a surprise another looser haha

dont hate the player
hate the game
jujuno
#83 Posted : Tuesday, February 02, 2010 9:19:49 AM
Zinedine Zidane

Took you all long enough to get sucked into this....any odds?

Dunno

Hot Pies and Mustard
smiddy197
#84 Posted : Tuesday, February 02, 2010 9:31:21 AM
Arnold Palmer

"jujuno"
Took you all long enough to get sucked into this....any odds?

Dunno

there is no odds you lost again

dont hate the player
hate the game
traderex
#85 Posted : Friday, February 19, 2010 2:37:04 PM
Eddie "The Eagle" Edwards

This was a bet made back 2006 during Tour de France on Betfair.

The Danish Rider "Michael Rasmussen" was attacking to get his mountain jersey.
We have seen this a number of times in the Tour de France, just to see Armstrong with full speed on the last mountain taking everyone down.

I thought this would be the case again. Michael Rasmussen was to big a competitor to let go upfront. Also, we have seen a number of times that the favorite to win the Mountain Jersey, falls back when enough points are taken. This was not the case..

So, as I have done a number of times, I layed Michael Rasmussen when he was like 8 min ahead of peleton, with still 70 km to go.

I lost around £3,000 on laying that sucker, when Armstrong decided not to catch him....

Anyway, I was break even on the Tour de France overall on some similar lays during the race.

Replay here.. http://www.letour.fr/200.../LIVE/us/900/index.html

or just read here:
"Why did the chicken go up the road? Because there were plenty of points for the polka-dot jersey on offer. Mickael Rasmussen has a special talent. At 60kg his body is ideally suited to climbing. He proved that on the first real day in the mountains of the 2005 Tour when he inherited the polka-dot jersey on the day his Rabobank team-mate Pieter Weening won the stage.
The rider they call ‘Chicken’ has a power-to-weight ratio that allows him to scale high ‘cols’ with apparent ease.
Before Rasmussen lined up for his second attempt at the Tour de France he announced that his ambition was to fight for the win in the mountains classification. The battle began en-route to Gerardmer yesterday. A day later he is in complete control. His rivals must now reconsider their options.
In the 171 kilometers between Gerardmer and Mulhouse there were six categorized mountains. The 31-year-old ‘Chicken’ was first over each summit. His objective for the stage had been achieved with 50km still to race. But Rasmussen wanted more. Instead of sitting up and resting his legs before the Tour’s rendezvous with the Alps, he maintained his effort.
Although he attacked early in the stage and conquered the climbs – including the celebrated summit of Le Ballon d’Alsace, the mountain pass which made its Tour debut 100 years ago – he realized that he had enough of an advantage to consider the stage win. Banghead
Man In The Know
#86 Posted : Tuesday, April 20, 2010 2:09:56 PM
Hulk Hogan

13k on Guilermo Coria in the french open final against Gaston Gaudio !! Cant remember the odds I got as I kept backing him the shorter he went !! he was 2 sets up and a break, got injured, couldnt serve or walk, and still nearly won ! Could have traded and probably saved about 10k but I was too young to do that !!! Confused
Man In The Know
#87 Posted : Tuesday, April 20, 2010 2:11:52 PM
Hulk Hogan

"traderex"
This was a bet made back 2006 during Tour de France on Betfair.

The Danish Rider "Michael Rasmussen" was attacking to get his mountain jersey.
We have seen this a number of times in the Tour de France, just to see Armstrong with full speed on the last mountain taking everyone down.

I thought this would be the case again. Michael Rasmussen was to big a competitor to let go upfront. Also, we have seen a number of times that the favorite to win the Mountain Jersey, falls back when enough points are taken. This was not the case..

So, as I have done a number of times, I layed Michael Rasmussen when he was like 8 min ahead of peleton, with still 70 km to go.

I lost around £3,000 on laying that sucker, when Armstrong decided not to catch him....

Anyway, I was break even on the Tour de France overall on some similar lays during the race.

Replay here.. http://www.letour.fr/200.../LIVE/us/900/index.html

or just read here:
"Why did the chicken go up the road? Because there were plenty of points for the polka-dot jersey on offer. Mickael Rasmussen has a special talent. At 60kg his body is ideally suited to climbing. He proved that on the first real day in the mountains of the 2005 Tour when he inherited the polka-dot jersey on the day his Rabobank team-mate Pieter Weening won the stage.
The rider they call ‘Chicken’ has a power-to-weight ratio that allows him to scale high ‘cols’ with apparent ease.
Before Rasmussen lined up for his second attempt at the Tour de France he announced that his ambition was to fight for the win in the mountains classification. The battle began en-route to Gerardmer yesterday. A day later he is in complete control. His rivals must now reconsider their options.
In the 171 kilometers between Gerardmer and Mulhouse there were six categorized mountains. The 31-year-old ‘Chicken’ was first over each summit. His objective for the stage had been achieved with 50km still to race. But Rasmussen wanted more. Instead of sitting up and resting his legs before the Tour’s rendezvous with the Alps, he maintained his effort.
Although he attacked early in the stage and conquered the climbs – including the celebrated summit of Le Ballon d’Alsace, the mountain pass which made its Tour debut 100 years ago – he realized that he had enough of an advantage to consider the stage win. Banghead

Unlucky mate, a well thought out bet that unlucky for you, lost Dunno