Forum ID Password: Forget Password? |  Register
FAQ| Privacy Policy| Search| MemberList

Recent Topic
 Golden Easter Egg Semi Finals /Associa...
Golden Easter Egg Semi Finals /Association Cup heats
 weather geeks
 Eastern Conference v Western Conference
 Day 1 , 2 & 3 action inglis_sydney Eas...
Day 1 , 2 & 3 action inglis_sydney Easter Yearling sales
 2014 Easter Yearling Sale Newmarket ...
2014 Easter Yearling Sale Newmarket 8, 9, 10 April
 (Results) £1,000,000 Aintree Grand Nat...
(Results) £1,000,000 Aintree Grand National (Day)
 £1,000,000 Aintree Grand National
  Nathan Berry Tribute
 AFL Round1 2014
 Results/Replays DWC - Meydan Saturday ...
Results/Replays DWC - Meydan Saturday March 29
 The Rise of Jamie Kah
 on now - The Winning Line coming to yo...
on now - The Winning Line coming to you Live from Meydan -
 Upcoming DWC Coverage on Dubai Live
 Dubai World Cup - Saturday, March 29
 Malaysia Airlines 777-200; 9M-MRO; fli...
Malaysia Airlines 777-200; 9M-MRO; flight MH370
Popular Topic (By View)
 Golden Easter Egg Semi Finals /A...
Popular Topic (By Reply)
 Golden Easter Egg Semi Finals /A...
Home | Active Topics |

30 Pages «<2627282930>
The Ben Cousins thread Options
Lay Low21
#676 Posted : Monday, August 16, 2010 1:06:06 PM
Carl Lewis

retirement in this case is nothing to be sniffed at,or maybe there will be long lines of stuff to be sniffed at, who knows ??.

Well behaved women do not make history

LibranLady
#677 Posted : Monday, August 16, 2010 1:13:38 PM
Roger Bannister

Lay Low21 wrote:
retirement in this case is nothing to be sniffed at,or maybe there will be long lines of stuff to be sniffed at, who knows ??.

** BOOM BOOM ** ...... Glad to see you haven't lost it LL Chuckle Chuckle
jujuno
#678 Posted : Sunday, August 22, 2010 1:07:18 AM
Zinedine Zidane

..someone (guess who?) mocked me earlier in the year for saying Cousins had shaved his head for certain reasons...

well he has admitted he shaved it so they couldn't use a strand for drug-testing...

...was spot-on...

Kick

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Hot Pies and Mustard
smiddy197
#679 Posted : Sunday, August 22, 2010 4:12:33 AM
Arnold Palmer

jujuno wrote:

..someone (guess who?) mocked me earlier in the year for saying Cousins had shaved his head for certain reasons...

well he has admitted he shaved it so they couldn't use a strand for drug-testing...

...was spot-on...

Kick

where have you been???????

he admitted on on the couch 3 months ago that he thought the afl were out to get him and he didnt want to put hos career in the hands of the afl/wada authorities as he thought they would make an example of him

he did nothing wrong there are no rules against shaving your head

dont hate the player
hate the game
jujuno
#680 Posted : Sunday, August 22, 2010 5:37:28 AM
Zinedine Zidane

you don't realise we don't get all AFL info up here...Swans news 90%...

what is on the couch?...see..I have not seen it....

give over...

Banghead

Hot Pies and Mustard
smiddy197
#681 Posted : Sunday, August 22, 2010 7:52:15 AM
Arnold Palmer

jujuno wrote:

you don't realise we don't get all AFL info up here...Swans news 90%...

what is on the couch?...see..I have not seen it....

give over...

Banghead

on the couch is on fox 1 every mon i think 8.30 your time healy sheehan and hird

it was actually a pretty good interview he spoke very well straight down the line

as i said in a previous post he said he was hell keen to paly on next year and thought he had plenty mroe to give

dont hate the player
hate the game
jujuno
#682 Posted : Wednesday, August 25, 2010 11:58:58 AM
Zinedine Zidane

Nothing very surprising so far on story...

most dangerous message to kids is that he didn't feel it was a problem..."I was numb!"...those around him did....

Looks, brains, charm...he will probably make a mint out of notoriety now...

Head

Hot Pies and Mustard
smiddy197
#683 Posted : Wednesday, August 25, 2010 12:45:17 PM
Arnold Palmer

jujuno wrote:

Nothing very surprising so far on story...

most dangerous message to kids is that he didn't feel it was a problem..."I was numb!"...those around him did....

Looks, brains, charm...he will probably make a mint out of notoriety now...

Head

there wasnt going ot be anything shocking to the footy tragic but to teh average person its a ripper

not sure how he can make more out of it he has already sold the rights to it and he doesnt need money him and his family are so loaded its not funny

dont hate the player
hate the game
smiddy197
#684 Posted : Wednesday, August 25, 2010 12:57:40 PM
Arnold Palmer

haha all that beeping and blurred faces over the incedent at metros is gold

dont hate the player
hate the game
Pudzianowski
#685 Posted : Wednesday, August 25, 2010 9:07:03 PM
Jonah Lomu

missed the show. any good.

smiddy197
#686 Posted : Thursday, August 26, 2010 2:12:23 AM
Arnold Palmer

Pudzianowski wrote:
missed the show. any good.

you will get different opinions from everyone moz

i think it was very good but some people who are cousin haters will rip it to threads

i think the best is still to come seeing how it really effected his family what he sore last night was just all the facts and some insights in to what he went through in his head

dont hate the player
hate the game
jvalles69
#687 Posted : Thursday, August 26, 2010 3:34:04 AM
Shaquille O'Neal

I thought it was great to see his side of the story, he's very blunt, candid and raw. Guy did silly things off the field, things a lot of "regular" people do, but he was a champ on the footy field, always playing his heart out.

Looks to me AFL does not like individuals. First Cousins, then Aker. Can't believe AFL had in cuz's contract who he could and couldn't hang out with. Bullshit.
smiddy197
#688 Posted : Thursday, August 26, 2010 4:31:39 AM
Arnold Palmer

what i find funny ist hat the afl are now coping it over the drug policy

what the average punter doesnt understand cousins started his career in like 95-96

the current drug policy started in 2005

people are say how did he beat the drug tests his whoel career this is bad for the afl

the system actually caught him in the long run when he didnt pitch for training after a tip off that testers were waiting for him and he got done in 2006

dont hate the player
hate the game
Chaseit
#689 Posted : Thursday, August 26, 2010 5:40:16 AM
Ian Thorpe

Could not watch it over this way fellas..Trying to get a copy of it somewhere or on the net or something. Sounds like it was great viewing.

jvalles69
#690 Posted : Thursday, August 26, 2010 9:47:51 AM
Shaquille O'Neal

Chaseit wrote:
Could not watch it over this way fellas..Trying to get a copy of it somewhere or on the net or something. Sounds like it was great viewing.

Part 2 on again tonight mate! Headbang

I copied it on Foxtel IQ, but don't think it can be transferred, or I'm not tech savvy enough to do it!
Chaseit
#691 Posted : Thursday, August 26, 2010 12:46:35 PM
Ian Thorpe

jvalles69 wrote:
Chaseit wrote:

Part 2 on again tonight mate! Headbang

I copied it on Foxtel IQ, but don't think it can be transferred, or I'm not tech savvy enough to do it!

Im in hongkong now mate..Cant see it..Hope someone uploads it to youtube or something.

The Guru
#692 Posted : Thursday, August 26, 2010 2:30:19 PM
Nadia Comanesci

fair dinkum, this bloke has taken us for a ride....

the bloke was on nearly a million a year , has 4 houses in Perth , has a great family and likes drugs........
are we really meant to feel sorry for Ben - spending 10k on charlie and having 6 day benders with 3-4 girls hanging off him(half his luck all the above). please get a fuckn real problem Benny boy !!!!!!!!!

if anyone saw what Sam Newman said on the footy show, Yes Sam is spot on again.....Easy

3 young aussie men with familys have just been killed in the war , kids who are seriously sick....

had to laugh when he couldnt get out of bed for a week when he found out StKilda was not going to draft him and he might not get to play AFL again. fuck me Ben you nearly had to go get a job like all of us... get a grip on the real world mate !!!!!!

Great footballer but that was a load of bollocks !!!!!!!
smiddy197
#693 Posted : Thursday, August 26, 2010 3:09:33 PM
Arnold Palmer

The Guru wrote:

the bloke was on nearly a million a year , has 4 houses in Perth , has a great family and likes drugs........
are we really meant to feel sorry for Ben - spending 10k on charlie and having 6 day benders with 3-4 girls hanging off him(half his luck all the above). please get a fuckn real problem Benny boy !!!!!!!!!

if anyone saw what Sam Newman said on the footy show, Yes Sam is spot on again.....Easy

3 young aussie men with familys have just been killed in the war , kids who are seriously sick....

had to laugh when he couldnt get out of bed for a week when he found out StKilda was not going to draft him and he might not get to play AFL again. fuck me Ben you nearly had to go get a job like all of us... get a grip on the real world mate !!!!!!

your way off the mark there

sam newman wouldnt no wtf he was talking about

he also stated taht he didnt watch part 2 he would retract what he said if he did

cousins wouls still be loaded if he didnt paly footy his father is a multi multi multi millionaire

its not cousins fault that the public treat him like a superstar and not our troops

he cant ger a grip on the real world because the real world doesnt exist for me

your obviously uninformed or plain stupid if you think drug addiction isnt a real fucking problem

dont hate the player
hate the game
The Guru
#694 Posted : Thursday, August 26, 2010 3:33:02 PM
Nadia Comanesci

smiddy197 wrote:
The Guru wrote:

he also stated taht he didnt watch part 2 he would retract what he said if he did

cousins wouls still be loaded if he didnt paly footy his father is a multi multi multi millionaire

its not cousins fault that the public treat him like a superstar and not our troops

your obviously uninformed or plain stupid if you think drug addiction isnt a real fucking problem

the bloke is not fuckn addicted to drugs !!!!!!

he loves getting off his head as much as the next bloke but the difference he is loaded and lives like a rock star !!! to stay clean for a couple of days before his games shows to any one half fuckn smart he used them at his own will when he knew he wont get caught..
people who are addicted cannot just turn that addiction for their next hit off like a tap.

Ben Cousins played hard on the field and just as hard off it but you got to be kidding about feeling sorry for him. he was laughing about his benders getting treated like a fuckn king where ever he went.....

you really have to be sucker to feel too much sympathy for the boy. he made some coin out of it and what did it really tell everyone .FUCK ALL. he loved to get off his head and go hard like about 27 of my mates at the footy club.... ps missus loved it !!!!!!!!!!!

Pudzianowski
#695 Posted : Thursday, August 26, 2010 9:09:54 PM
Jonah Lomu

yeh he's taking us for a ride... a big one...

probably will die in 10years.... best think to happen if so, so kids can learn not to take drugs.
saintly96
#696 Posted : Friday, August 27, 2010 2:31:56 AM
Phillip Tufnell

The Guru wrote:
smiddy197 wrote:
The Guru wrote:

he loves getting off his head as much as the next bloke but the difference he is loaded and lives like a rock star !!! to stay clean for a couple of days before his games shows to any one half fuckn smart he used them at his own will when he knew he wont get caught..
people who are addicted cannot just turn that addiction for their next hit off like a tap.

Ben Cousins played hard on the field and just as hard off it but you got to be kidding about feeling sorry for him. he was laughing about his benders getting treated like a fuckn king where ever he went.....

you really have to be sucker to feel too much sympathy for the boy. he made some coin out of it and what did it really tell everyone .FUCK ALL. he loved to get off his head and go hard like about 27 of my mates at the footy club.... ps missus loved it !!!!!!!!!!!

I cannot agree mate.

An alcoholic is addicted to booze, but they do not necessarily write themselves off each night. Their problem is that once they have a drink, they drink until there is no more. It looks like it is the same for Cousins and drugs.

Once he goes on a bender, he does not know when to stop, having viewed the documentary and listened to the experts, I think it is clear he is an addict, and definitely has a drug problem, which will be with him for the rest of his life.

Don't go listening to Sam Newman, he wouldn't have a clue, and would be pissed that channel 7 had the rights to the program and not his beloved channel 9.

Banner by Pooc!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fuk6e5hEeYI

If you want a second opinion, ask me again.
Voted 121 Australian Racing Forum best tipster 2009!!!
EPL tipping champ 2009!!
smiddy197
#697 Posted : Friday, August 27, 2010 2:42:19 AM
Arnold Palmer

saintly96 wrote:
The Guru wrote:
smiddy197 wrote:
The Guru wrote:

I cannot agree mate.

An alcoholic is addicted to booze, but they do not necessarily write themselves off each night. Their problem is that once they have a drink, they drink until there is no more. It looks like it is the same for Cousins and drugs.

Once he goes on a bender, he does not know when to stop, having viewed the documentary and listened to the experts, I think it is clear he is an addict, and definitely has a drug problem, which will be with him for the rest of his life.

Don't go listening to Sam Newman, he wouldn't have a clue, and would be pissed that channel 7 had the rights to the program and not his beloved channel 9.

couldnt agree more

its interesting that everyone now thinks they are an expert on addiction

its exactly like people giving up the smokes but his is coke instead

guru you way off here mate he has a serious problem

dont hate the player
hate the game
LibranLady
#698 Posted : Friday, August 27, 2010 2:20:29 PM
Roger Bannister

Was certainly interesting viewing. I don't think for a minute that everyone believes everything that an addict of any sort tells you. I thought for the most part it was a truthful account of what happened. I found the footage of the family (especially father and sister) to be heart wrenching. For any parent out there I always think "Oh but by the grace of God go I". I have always been a big Ben Cousins fan. I always felt that without the AFL he just wouldn't have stood a chance. Now the real test when he hangs up the boots - He may stumble along the way but I for one hope that he goes on to lead a very full and long life free of drugs. If nothing else, its the waste of a young life for anything else to happen. Thanks for the memories on the footy field Benny !
smiddy197
#699 Posted : Friday, August 27, 2010 3:06:58 PM
Arnold Palmer

http://www.heraldsun.com...-e6frf9ox-1225911106501

i cant believe im saying this but i agree with mike

he is 100% on the money

dont hate the player
hate the game
LibranLady
#700 Posted : Saturday, August 28, 2010 2:57:11 AM
Roger Bannister

smiddy197 wrote:
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/ben-cousins-documentary-critics-expose-their-ignorance/story-e6frf9ox-1225911106501

i cant believe im saying this but i agree with mike

he is 100% on the money

99.9% of the time Mike is a tool but for this 0.1% article he's absolutely correct. There was nothing glamorous in that documentary. The fight is far from over for Ben and everyone around him.